Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Review: LEGO 76055 Batman: Killer Cro Sewer Smash


Name: Batman: Killer Croc's Sewer Smash
Set Number: 76055
Pieces: 759
Price: $79.99
Minifigures: 5
Theme: DC Comics Super Heroes – Batman
Year of Release: 2016


   I found this set one of the more interesting ones. This set being the "Batman Killer Croc Sewer Smash." It's a medium size set which takes up a bit of room when built. I built this set in around 40 minutes to hour. I began first by building the minifigures of the set.
   The first minifigure I built was batman. Visually, Batman looks nice, but there are a few weird aspects about him. He comes with two batarangs and a grappling gun. His chest piece has clean and very detailed markings to represent his chest and utility belt. The legs are a light gray color with no special markings on them. Batman's head has two faces, a dark tan, and a white headband. When you put his helmet on, the white headband acts as his eyes. Overall, Batman looks good, but his tan is a little too much added detail. After I built batman I built Captain Boomerang. He comes with two boomerangs. Like Batman, his chest is very detailed and his legs are just solid black colored. Captain Boomerang looks like how he was portrayed in the Suicide Squad movie with big red haired sideburns and a blue bandanna on his head. He is a simple minifigure and a great looking one too! Next, I built Killer Croc. Killer Croc isn't a minifigure, he is a big figure. His face and bodied are detailed and scary looking. I really enjoy the way he looks and think that he is a great collection piece. The next minifigure I built was Red Hood. He's one of those less known heroes, but is still awesome. Red Hood comes with two guns. His body is detailed and his legs are plain. His head reminds me of the Black Panther head as they both have just their eyes showing and have a few facial expression lines. Finally, I built the last of the minifigures, Katana. She comes with one sword(katana). Her body has simple details, but they are all over her body. Her arms have armor, her face has a mask, her legs have two colors, and her chest has armor looking details. All of the minifigures together make an awesome scene and are great for display or for playing with.


   Then I moved onto the vehicles. The first vehicle I made was Killer Croc's Chomper. This vehicle doesn't appeal to me. It's cool that Killer Croc got his own vehicle, but it's not structurally or visually good looking. Captain Boomerang is given a side seat on this vehicle which is colored differently and takes away from the main vehicle visually. The mouth is supposed to open when the left wheel spins and it does, but it barely opens. The mouth opens a little more when going in reverse. Also, when the mouth opens, you can see all the technical pieces which I wish had been covered up a little. The tail is probably one of the cooler aspects about this piece. You have to manually move the tail, but I don't think that's a problem. Moving on to the next vehicle, Red Hood's motorcycle. It looks like a generic motorcycle. The Two stickers you put on it make it look more like a cool Batman motorcycle. I liked how the motorcycle turned out. The last vehicle is the Bat-tank. This is the best vehicle of the set. The design is sleek and the treads make it look like a tank. The main feature of this vehicle is its ram weapon that flips vehicles that the Bat-tank goes into. You twist a lever on the back of the tank to activate the ram flipper. The only thing I don't like about this vehicle is that you have to spin the stud shooter at the front manually and that there is no technical piece you can twist/pull to spin it 



   Overall, the decision is up to you to buy this set. I bought it for the minifigures that are exclusive to this set and for the Bat-tank. The pricing is good for the piece count and the exclusive minifigures you are given. You can play with this set, but personally, I would just play with the minifigures and the Bat-tank. I would rate this set 3/5. I hope this review was helpful to all who read it and that you continue to love LEGOS!

Buy Herehttps://shop.lego.com/en-US/Batman-Killer-Croc-Sewer-Smash-76055

Photos taken from Lego website.

No comments:

Post a Comment