Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Review: LEGO 21306 Yellow Submarine


Name:  Yellow Submarine
Set Number: 21306
Pieces: 553
Price: $59.99
Minifigures: 4
Theme: The Beatles
Year of Release: 2016


   This Lego Ideas set was released on November 1st of 2016. I've been looking forward to getting this set since it came out and only recently obtained it. The Beatles were one of my favorite groups growing up and I was super excited when I learned they were going to make a Lego from of them. It took me around an hour to build this set. I first began with the minifigures. 
   I built John Lennon first. He is wearing stripped pants and what looks like a purple/green top. John comes with two faces and a telescope. Next, I built Paul McCartney. He is wearing dual-colored pants along with a shirt and tie. Paul comes with a love letter and two faces. Then I built George Harrison. He is wearing black pants and a brown top. George comes with a submarine motor and also has two faces. Next I built Ringo Starr. Like John, he wears stripped pants and a flamboyant top. He comes with a black hole and has two faces. Lastly, the Beatles traveling companion, Jeremy Hillary Boob. He is their little brown and blue creature who has magical powers.


   Then I built the Yellow Submarine. Its features include: a removable top, cockpit that all the Beatles can fit in, four rotating periscopes, two rotating propellers, an adjustable rudder, and a removable display stand. I feel that this build has more of a display aspect to it rather than play function. It also comes with foam or clouds under it like its emerging from the water or flying. The vehicle itself is interesting to look at and my favorite part about this set is that there were no stickers needed for the cool designs.



   Overall, this set is awesome and makes me just want to listen to Beatles music all day. I personally think that it looks better for display than for playing with. The design of the ship is beautiful and the interior is just as interesting as the exterior. The piece-to-price ratio is a little high, but this is an exclusive set and is a must have if you're a Beatles fan. I would rate this set 4.5/5. I hope this review was helpful to all who read it and that you continue to love LEGOS!

Buy Here: https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Yellow-Submarine-21306

All photos were taken from the Lego website.

No comments:

Post a Comment