Pages

Monday, January 16, 2017

Review: LEGO 70901 Mr. Freeze Ice Attack


Name:  Mr. Freeze Ice Attack
Set Number: 70901
Pieces: 201
Price: $19.99
Minifigures: 3
Theme: Lego Batman
Year of Release: 2016


   If you're looking for an affordable Lego Batman set that comes with Batman and a villain, then you've found the right one. This set is small and leaves a lot to the imagination. It took me about 20 minutes to build. I first started by building Batman.
   This Batman minifigure is the same throughout all of the Batman sets. He comes with a helmet, a utility belt, a cape, a flamethrower, and some batarangs. The two faces he comes with are happy and scared. After Batman, I built Mr. Freeze. This is the newest model of Lego Mr. Freeze that is available. His entire body is detailed from his head to his legs with what looks like to be his freeze suit. He comes with just his head piece and his giant mech. Lastly, I made the security guard. His head and body are nicely detailed. The security guard comes with a helmet, mask, oxygen tank, and a gun. After I built the minifigures, I made the power plant, ice prison, and the mech suit.



   The power plant will probably play a big role in the Batman movie coming out on February 10th because it is seen in the trailer. I would have liked if the power plant was bigger and had more features to it. You can connect this set to the Joker Balloon Escape and Scarecrow Special Delivery sets, but it's still a very small building that I think could have been better. It comes with three stickers. Personally, I don't like stickers because they peel over time and if you don't place them right, the whole build will look wonky. After the power plant, I went onto the mech. The mech takes up a majority of the pieces from the set. Its features include: a stud gun, a spot for a minifigure to stand, and posable joints. I wish the arms and legs had a few more joints, but the mech still turned out amazing. The tubes on its back also look very cool and make you think that thre is liquid moving around the mech. The last part of the set that I built was the ice prison. It's small enough for one minifgure or one security guard to fit in. I think that it was a nice addition to the set. 


   Overall, the set is small and good looking. Mr. Freeze and the security guard are both unique to this set. The mech is awesome and brings the whole set together. I wish the power plant was bigger, but maybe if combined with the Joker's Balloon set and the Scarecrow set it will be better? The piece-to-price ratio is great. I would rate this set 4/5. I hope this review was helpful to all who read it and that you continue to love LEGOS!

Buy Here: https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Mr-Freeze-Ice-Attack-70901

All photos were taken from the Lego website.

No comments:

Post a Comment